a list with 500 perfumes on basenotes

Good morning from Zurich, where I am getting ready for a new exciting week under a perfect blue sky. Last week was less perfect and saw me more in bed than in a vertical position, but we are sort of up and running again... One of last week's highlights was: Grant Osborne's list on basenotes.net : "500 greatest modern perfumes", selected and listed by a couple of parameters, digged out from the basenotes database that must be enormous by now. Imagine: Basenotes is 15 years old/young. Amazing! Parameters were wardrobes, stars, positive/negative reviews.

Grant published also a piece of statistical data here. Again: Amazement...because about 7% of all perfumes in the list are actually indie created perfumes, indies like tauer, vero profumo, Bruno Fazzolari and others. I think this is awesome.

And also totally awesome is: Air du désert marocain landed on place 8 on this list. Nice. And Wow!

9 thoughts on “a list with 500 perfumes on basenotes”

• I spent some weekend time looking through Basenotes Top 500. A fascinating education indeed. My favourite fragrance is Chanel No.5 but pre-2000 perfumes were excluded.
    I hope some champagne was drunk at Tauerville to celebrate!

• Congratulations, Andy :-) I was pleased to see that Lonestar Memories was on the list too! The Basenotes database lists almost 17,000 perfumes for the 2000-2015 period, so getting ANYTHING into the Top 500 is wonderful :-D

• Dear Andy, Basenotes although young, but highly respected resource :-) - congratulations, it is a very pleasant and very fair assessment, we are happy for you and for us too!

• Congratulations Andy! Very well-deserved and now LDDM is taking its rightful place *tosses confetti in the air*

Also great news to read that so many of the indie perfumes are included in that list.

• Congratulations on LADDM and Lonestar Memories making the top 500!! Well-deserved recognition for you and the other indie perfumers!

• And you know what, Tara, Eau d'épices made it into the list , too. This, I do not understand. And it joins the ones on the list that are "discontinued"...

• Yes, Melissa, this part (Indie perfumes being up there and shining), this part made me very happy. There's hope!

• Oh, Persolaise, when I read that it features 17000 perfumes in a 15 year period, I did not know what to think. Is this good ? or bad? or irrelevant? Let's just say: It is a lot!
    on the other hand: I make up for a good 1 promille in there. That's sort of an achievement, too :-)

• well, in light of my being sick: We sticked to the healthy but not good herbal teas , Peter :-)