experience center

While I am writing these lines, my partner is calling the Miele Experience Center. This is newspeak for hotline. For once, I like this newspeak. Nice. I want an experience center, too. We are surrounded by newspeak and usually I do not realize it because like most of us I am getting used to terms like Quantitative Easing, meaning desperate measures. The next measure there, in the world of $ and banks, would be "quantitative flying" when Mr. Dragi, head of the European Central Bank, sits in a helicopter and throws money out of in the air, hoping that somebody will actually take it and spend it.

In an hour I will meet a friend for a quick sniffing round: What a nice way to start a busy week. Sinking into scents and forgetting the ups and downs of shipments and production, not worrying about anything for an hour.

Then I will have to head for the factory and send parcels out of there.

It is going to be a busy week with a couple of meetings. One of them is a meeting with my IT gurus. The Tauer Perfumes website is now almost 5 years old and it sucks out all the computing power of the shared servers; which means that my website adds a heavy load, more than necessary and basically it means that the Magento system is getting old and outdated and it is time to update and upgrade and change.

That's probably going to be a project for 2016 and I am looking forward to it, too. Maybe I can get an "experience center" there, on tauerperfumes.com instead of a good old contact page.

And today's picture: A cowboy, a quick pencil sketch, done yesterday before jogging.

11 thoughts on “experience center”

• Moody drawing. Reminds me of James Dean in Giant. Wonder what he would have thought of experience centres!

• Looks like the Lonestar Memories guy! :-) Happy sniffing!

• Certainly I can see companies using experience center for their helplines. That way, whether you feel helped or not, you have had an experience.

Your sketch reminds me of the loneliness of the cowboy life. And maybe some of the sadness of Brokeback Mountain.

• hotlanta linda 26. January 2016 at 3:48

Elton John`s ``Roy Rodgers is Ridin` Tonight`` for you :-) You will do a fine job w/ your site - you always dread a lot in advance :-0

• Andy your pencil sketch is quite expressive. He appears somewhat crestfallen. Perhaps the Cattle Experience Center did not heed his call for "quantitative easing" and he lost a few head of livestock. As Tara says, he's longing for Lonestar Memories. Humor aside, it is a remarkably immersive sketch.

• well, Peter, I think James Dean would be in his 80-ies now and he might like the idea now. Back then: Who knows....

• Thank you, Tara! The sniffing session was the perfect start into my week :-) and - as we sniffed some novelties- it was so comforting.

• Ha, Lindaloo :-) ! Yes, loneliness is exactly what I wanted to bring over there and why I picked the picture (the original). Lomesome might fit, too.

• Thank you, Hotlanta Linda, yes, I do :-)

• Thanks so much, Michael! Yes, a bit crestfallen. I love this word, as it is very descriptive. but sometimes we all need to fall a bit in order to stand up again.

• Experience Center suggestion: a scratch-and-sniff website for Tauerville. I want my computer screen to smell of macho vanilla.

-- currently in Hawaii sniffing plumeria