commuting

I haven't been on the blog for while. On facebook et al the show goes on as it must go on. Here, on my blog, I feel a bit more private. These days, I am commuting between a hospital where a dear friend is fighting her last fight without any chance of winning. We all do what we can do; being there, spending the nights there, and fighting with her. And I am commuting between the office and the factory, trying to keep things running; sleepy and out of frame.

Here's the thing: The show must go on, but it is not easy. Thanks for your understanding.

To finish this post with a bright side: Life is precious and wonderful. I cherish it every day, more and more. And I am glad that I am reminded how precious it is.

12 thoughts on “commuting”

• Andy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sending you my most heartfelt wishes for comfort and grace in this difficult time.

• dear andy sending peace filled, gentle, loving vibes your way. peace...

• Thinking of your dear friend and wishing her Godspeed. Thinking good thoughts for you too.

• Andy,
    So sorry about your friend. She is lucky to have you. Life is so hard sometimes.

• I am so sorry about your friend. How wonderful of you to accompany her as she makes her final journey here on earth. Death is the ultimate healing; although it is sad for us when a loved one dies, I like to think of them as free and well again on the other side. Sending you both peaceful vibes for a gentle transition for her.

• We can take solace in the forward-looking view of Rabindranath Tagore.

"Death is not extinguishing the light,
    it is only putting out the lamp
    because the dawn has come."

• Blessings and best wishes Andy !!!

• I am thinking of you and your dear friend.

• It is difficult to keep the show going on in such times. I have found that my consciousness gets so expanded during the dying process as a life slips away and experiences that we shared together remain as echos. The threshold between life and death is frustrating for me, because i wish to go back and forth and really visit with those who have died. Occasionally I am blessed with such a vivid visit in my dreams but most of the time the door is closed. You are right, that life is to be cherished and the moments we share with someone are precious moments that will live on as echos of our time together.

• Andy I am sorry to hear of the trauma your friend is going through, and the impact on her family and friends such as you.

• Dear Andy, I do not know what to say and I can not find words to comfort
    only the words of the poet
    Do not say longingly: they do not exist, / But thanks: been

• All blessings and love to you and your dear friend. Our journey through this life only means something if we share it with those we love. Most of the time that is easy to do, but now, at the end, it is difficult. Peace and joy for better days ahead.