less than 5 weeks

It is less than five weeks until many of us will sit under a Christmas tree and enjoy the holidays. I realized it yesterday, when talking to my sister in law and suddenly the holidays were there and with this the question who is going to be when with whom where. The holidays can be a family logistics issue. I guess we will make it more or less like every year.

So I realized: Oups, I need to make soaps for friends and family. And I have to start working on the advent calendar, that is intended to be different than the last few years. And I realized that I do not really have time for that next week. Thus, I got up early and tried to sneak in some holiday preparations before my Sunday jogging torture/exercise. And yes: Now I am sort of in pre-holiday happy mood. Exciting and fun days ahead. I just love this season.

And you know what? We got a tiny little bit of snow overnight. Perfect!

Today's picture: A flamingo, acrylic, spatula technique, lifting off somewhere in Africa.

14 thoughts on “less than 5 weeks”

• Dear Andy, a great picture of riotous color and flamingos on the move :-)

• I love Christmas. I love fragrances. Somehow they go together. Lovely picture.

• Just beautiful. Great picture, Andy.

• Oh, I love the movement in this picture! I can just feel those quick steps and the uplift of the wings. Really nice :-)

I don't begin preparing for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, because I like to give my full attention to all that Thanksgiving means to me. (After that - full speed ahead!)

• hotlanta linda 23. November 2015 at 4:15

I finally saw the Hershey`s Kisses ad of the red, green, and silver kisses shaped like a tree w/ the `trunk` kiss acting as bell choir conductor to ``We Wish You a Merry Christmas``....NOW it is the Holiday Season!!! LOL!!!!

• Yes, Hotlanta Linda. NOW.... :-)

• Thanks so much Melissa. We do not celebrate Thanksgiving here (although we all have a lot of reasons to say thank you). But around this time of the year, I am getting into the mood :-)

• Thank you, Beata!

• yes, Peter, they GO together.

• Thank you, Vladimir!

• Yes a great picture, wonderful texture. We woke to a sprinkling of snow, if there wasn't ice on the ground so I would venture a run.I love the feeling of a run in the still of winter it's very clarifying.

• Hi Till, thank you! Yes, I can totally relate to running in winter, and the stillness that comes with it. I love it to leave tracks on fresh snow, in the woods up the hill, and I love the crispness of the air in winter that blends out a lot of "fragrant noise" :-)

• We got our first dusting of snow yesterday, so pretty to wake up to the hushed silence that accompanies a snowfall. It will not stay as we are having warmer weather tomorrow, but it is a good start to the holiday season. Christmas tree sales have started and people are starting to put up lights and decorations. So happy to hear holiday preparations are underway in Tauerville as well! :-)

• Wow, that picture! I really like your art, Andy. Love this technique, the way you do it.