in the mood

I love statistics and like most human beings I am always looking for patterns here and there. So, the other day, I was looking when I create most of my perfumes that end up later as products somewhere on a shelf. Or better said: When I started working on them. I realized: It is October. The statistical basis is limited, of course, but still: There is a pattern there.

And like most human beings, once you find a pattern, you start wondering why there is a pattern. One of the blessings and one of the human tragedies: We need to explain our world.

Thus, today's picture, me in the mood to mix, but missing an explanation really. Usually, October is the busiest month for me. Maybe it is like a balance: Mixing scents and coming up with new ideas while trying to churn out all the parcels.

Anyhow, I was -like in previous years- in the mood recently and worked on a couple of ideas; failing mostly but as always: the journey starts with the first step. Let's see where we are heading there. What I am pretty sure about, however, is: November will bring me to New York. Nov. 7 I shall visit Twisted Lily there, in Brooklyn, and present my line, and I will hand out samples of Dark Mysterious Woods (running title), a scent that is done and finished but I have not decided what to do with it. Maybe I'll learn it there, in NY.

10 thoughts on “in the mood”

• Dark Mysterious Woods sounds very Halloween-like. So perhaps the timing is everything! Have a nice trip.

• Maybe Dark Mysterious Woods needs to debut at Tauerville!
    I treasure my little flacon of this dark fairytale scent.

• have fun in ny andy!! they're lucky.! your new scent sounds beautiful. now that fall is here i'm back with my rose v. like an old friend now with me all the time. so cool.

• oh, and a litle rose flash on the side. wonderful!!!

• I love the sound of Dark Mysterious Woods, hopefully one day I will get to smell it. I am also thrilled to know that the new Tauer Tuberose and PHI are at Etiket in Montreal, yay! Hoping to get down there this week to sniff.

On a different note, related to pictures, Yann Arthus-Bertrand's new documentary film Human is on youtube, some really incredible aerial photography and very moving interviews. I highly recommend it!

• hotlanta linda 27. October 2015 at 1:59

We are humming Billy Joel in honor of your upcoming visit! :-) Yt is glad to get inspired - usually when there is quiet around here - if I tried to figure out the nitty gritty of it, that! would scare inspiration off! :-) :-)

• Thanks so much, Tara (I will check it out, the film). and when visiting Etiket: Please say hello from Andy to Simon :-)

• Thanks so much, AnnSmith. This Little rose flash is bigger than it seems, right ?:-)

• Tauerville or Tauer Perfumes, that 's the question, Melissa :-)

• I join you, humming, Hotlanta Linda :-)