and we see that we don't see much

Again, a super small picture that does not really tells much: This time a panoramic view of parts of the "factory. And we sort of see that we do not see a lot.

I get this question a lot, usually with a "I know it might be too much" : " I would love to get a tour and and in depth insight and and and.. in your factory."

And yes, this is way too much. The other day, I had a guy calling, wishing to visit the company address that is public. "This part of the company is the office in my house", I told him. "No visits, no shop, no factory, no nothing. Please apologize." And yeah: 30 minutes later he tried his luck.

You know, that's one of the funny discrepancies, coming back to my last post about many things, including bloggers. When you run a company like me, you  need to undress and stand completely naked in the internet: Address, telephone, commercial registry numbers, etc. allowing others to check pretty much everything.

Some bloggers and writers do not even have a real name published. Others hide behind books on facebook, not disclosing for whom they are working and where their dollars come from. Others have multiple identities and hence, you have no idea who's talking.

Take home message: On the internet you sometimes do not know.

Does it matter? Not really, but it does if you are getting stalked or followed by somebody who does not feel limits or if you get on the radar of bullies.

It happened to me a couple of times. I learned my lessons.

So... here's a panoramic picture from the factory, totally small. But I tried to upload the larger version. You should be able to see it following this link.

And what do we see: Not much. Well, there is quite some stock of TUB and 02. (Actually, there's also PHI, but you do not see it here) And it is densely packed, the room, with boxes and more. This is normal. It is September.

12 thoughts on “and we see that we don't see much”

• I never thought about it ... but you're right ... it's a bit disturbing ... to tell the truth I had to put all my data on internet, too :( ... for my job ... May be a stalker is looking for me right now ;)

• Yes Massimo... I am sneaking around your house right now :-)

• I clicked on the link for the larger version of that panorama, but it was even smaller than the one on your website. And if you were somewhere on that photo, nobody could tell whether you are dressed or not. Heee!

• i did think how brave you are to be so transparent andy. very very brave of you and i think its part of your creative personality. i admire that greatly. there are those of us, who would never dream of intruding anywhere near the limits of your personal space and realize we have a gift from you, all that you share, and respect and appreciate you enough to honor that space . sometimes i don't even comment on your posts because you always answer everyone and i don't want you to have to do that even though i know you enjoy it, so i just read your post and enjoy it and don't comment. so, thats that!!

• Ah ah ah!!! I'm calling the police ;) !!!

• +1 to everything annsmith just said.
    Could not have said it better, so I will only add: you may sneak around my house any time and leave perfume on my doorstep :-)

• That would be disconcerting, to be a public business figure with your home address out there for all to see - you are brave.

But I do like imagining you at home with your piles of boxes, personally preparing your perfumes for us. :-)

• Ha Stephan!
    That was actually not the idea! I fixed the picture issue and it should be a touch larger now. With out naked Andy :-)

• Thanks so much, Annsmith!
    No worries: When I do not feel like writing or commenting, then I simply don't . Like yesterday evening... :-)

• Hi Tara!
    I am glad that the bedroom is free since a couple of years. Before I rented the factory rooms, I had to store packaging material in the bedroom. Which is really not ok.
    These days, most of the boxes go to the factory, where we actually should get another room. But space is expensive and I tend to rather squeeze myself into a tiny working space than spending more $$$ on cubic meter. Another reason to stay slim :-)

• So we should save singing Ray Stevens` ``The Streak`` for now.... :-) :-) until you make a mad dash to the bathroom in the early AM!!

• Have been travelling through Switzerland last week from Lugano to Basel (actually from Italy to Amsterdam, and I have been thinking of you and comparing your country with mine.. Our landscapes could not be more different, but the journey felt familiar because of the speed limits which were such relief after driving through Germany ;-).

Just a thought this evening.

Have been enjoying Vetiver dance today, a perfume that deserves much more attention!

Have a good weekend Andy.