paper work

Besides moving and packing bottles in the factory; this week is going to be a bit paper dominated. That's the plan at least.

Hence, today's picture showing you a quick photo of a print-out of the Tauer GmbH  company 's GTIN-13 barcodes. I'll really, really need to get up and running for September (the fragrance fair in Florence). And I need to work on tauerville's scents for  Europe. These tauerville scents are also on the barcode list, as everything runs under the GmbH (that's like a limitied liability company) roof. And there's a little paper idea that's running as batch job in my bio computer these days. You know: Air du désert marocain, my second creation of a scent for a shelf in store, is sort of 10 years old in September. L'air du désert marocain has become a classic.

Which is super cool. I do not want to make a decennial brochure or so. But as it is a classic and here to stay for many days more, provided I have a couple of days left, I sort of felt: Hey! I need to tell the world that air du désert marocain is unique and a classic. One of the best niche scents out there. So, at some point I realized that it would be cool to have a printed L'air du désert marocain book. Maybe. Maybe it is just another idea that won't turn into reality.

15 thoughts on “paper work”

• Dear Andy, wow! 10 years - it's really impressive.

Perhaps you are planning some sort of anniversary limited edition Air du désert marocain? ?-)

• no, sorry, Vladimir. I won't do this. It would not feel right. And , in a certain way, I think there is not much that I could do better there :-)

• Yes, I thought that if you change the balance, it can shift the composition - and you never know whether it will be good.
    In any case - Air du désert marocain, it is a success and a classic :-)

• congrats andy on your classic scent. thats super awesome. the world of fragrance lovers is fortunate you are here!! that book idea sounds intriguing. have a wonderful spring day

• I am glad you like the idea, Annsmith. Actually, yes, it IS super awesome. I sometimes forget...

• Congratulations Andy! Ten years of L'Air du Desert Marocain making the world a better and more fragrant place. Thank you for creating this. xo

• Congratulations, Andy, on becoming a classic! you must be getting old (just kidding). ADDM was my first full bottle of yours, and until recently my only one. I have finally succumbed and purchased Verdant, so now I have two bottles of yours on my shelf, sitting side by side. Thank you for creating such interesting scents to make our days more pleasurable!

• The book idea sounds great - I assume you will include some of your paintings? :-) i love LADDM, it was my first Tauer love and still in the top 3 with PHI and Rose Vermeille. I still treasure the special wood box with the red cushion one of my bottles came in. Congratulations on 10 years of a classic!

• hotlanta linda 3. June 2015 at 3:33

Congrats!!! and hugs!!! :-) :-) A decade of very happy perfumistas! The Police w/ ``Tea in the Sahara`` from Synchronicity :-)

• Andy your scents certainly enhance the passage of time. I can imagine if there was a book published in honor of L'Air, that it would also be illustrated by the author... or one can only hope! Cheers

• Well, Theresa, actually you are right! But I phrase it differently: I am getting older, but not old. That fits perfectly. Once, after a certain age, getting old has massacre qualities, but it comes with a lot of privileges, such as high tolerance levels for an imperfect world.

• Good evening, Tara C. well, well... I might include some pictures in the book, yes, as the book can never only be about air du désert marocain, it is also a little bit about the magical shiny world of Andy. ;-) Or maybe not. We will see. Right now, I am facing the magical world of the EU cosmetics regulation. wading through the swamp of so many words with so little context. It is like brainwashing. You get rewired. Because the brain is so formable. Praised be the brain!

• Hope dies last, Michael....And you know what: These days that I realize so harsh that 10 years have passed by, I also realize that one fine day I need to come up with a plan. The "post-Andy" plan. That's gonna be a tricky one....

• Thanks so much Hotlanta Linda. Here's another one, maybe you know it? "von nun ging's bergab" by Hildegard Knef.

Von nun an ging's bergab translates into From now on things won't get better :-)

• Andy, you are an exquisite human being.